Advice for Getting Started with Online Surveys
As a stay-at-home mom of three young children, I decided to start taking online surveys in my spare time as a way to earn some extra cash. I knew it would not be enough to pay the mortgage or the credit card bills each month, but something is better than nothing, right? And, taking online surveys for extra cash is something that I can do on my own schedule from my own home. Earning money doesn't get much better than that!
Now that I've done this for some time, I have a fairly steady flow of what I call ‘fun cash’ coming in each month. We have used this money to put gas in the car, pay for a family weekend trip to the beach, or to buy fun things for the kids or the family. If you are looking for ways to bring in a little extra spending money by doing online surveys, then I offer you the following tips:
Fill in Your Profiles
• Without proper profiles the survey site cannot accurately match you to available surveys. You’ll either get no offers or a ton of offers that you do not qualify for once you start.
• The profile questions ask for information on certain areas of your life that could be applicable to surveys the site offers. Common categories include finances, food, education, appliances, cars, electronics, games, family size, travel habits, work, and so forth. You are free to include as little or as much information as you want, but in most cases the more you share the more qualifying opportunities you get.
• Keep your profile up-to-date, especially when you make any big purchases such as a getting car, computer, gaming system, appliance, or have any major changes to your family. Update your profile with health conditions too, as there are many medical surveys out there these days.
• Surveys are available for a limited amount of time. Try to answer your online survey invitations within 3-5 days.
• Most surveys will remain open for either a set amount of time or until they hit the pre-determined target number of responses. If you are on a very popular survey site, that can happen in a day or even a few hours, so be sure to take any available surveys as soon as you can.
• Easy, interesting topic, short length, and good incentive (high-paying) surveys are filled very quickly.
• Some survey panels immediately confirm your reward upon completing a survey while others may take 2 to 4 weeks.
• There can be down times where you may only get a few survey invites or none at all. Just wait and they will usually start coming back in again. If you're in a dry spell, be sure to update your profile!
• It may take 4 to 8 weeks to receive your payment after your cash-out request.
• Online surveys are by no means a get-rich-quick option, but they can be a fun and fairly easy way to earn some extra money or fun rewards during your spare time.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *