6. Maximize Your Earnings
Maximize Your Earnings
Once you have joined several survey panels, you may discover that you do not have time to take all of the surveys you receive. That is completely normal. We offer these suggestions to help you make the best use of the time you have.
When you first join a survey panel, be sure to take the first 5 to 10 survey invitations you receive, no matter what the reward amount. This lets the survey panel know that you are serious about the panel and are willing to put in the time to give your honest feedback, which will lead to higher paying surveys in the future.
Evaluate Survey RewardsAfter those few surveys have been taken, you will want to prioritize your time. To do this, you first need to determine how much each survey is worth. While some survey panels clearly state their rewards in dollars and cents, other panels reward you via a point system. The problem is that each panel has a different system, and you want to be sure that you understand how that translates into cash.
Note: Since GetPaidSurveys is located in the United States, we’ll be using US Dollars (USD) in the examples below. However, if you do not use USD, the numbers will be different for your local currency. You can still use the general principles we’re discussing for your survey taking strategy, and do the calculations for your own exchange rates.
For our six recommended panels, two (SurveyHead and Valued Opinions) state the amount of the survey in dollars and cents, which makes determining whether or not a survey is worth your time very easy. The other 5 panels have a variety of point values, which are summarized in the table below.
|Panel Name||It takes this many points to earn $1.00|
|Opinion Outpost||10 points|
Prioritize Your TimeNow that you know the worth of each survey, you should start each day by reviewing all of your survey invitations, and take all of the higher paying surveys first. When evaluating the order of your surveys, it is important to consider not just the dollar amount, but also the time that is required to complete a survey. If two surveys both pay $1.00, but one will only take 5 minutes and the other will take 10 minutes, it is a better use of your time to take the shorter one.
On the other hand, you may find that you have one survey that is 10 minutes long and will pay $1.00 and another that is 40 minutes long and will pay $8.00. The longer one would pay better, but if you don’t have 40 minutes available, you should take the shorter survey.
Some days, you may find that you run out of time before you run out of surveys. If you have followed our advice above, you’ll be sure that you made the best use of your time and earned the most money possible. Other days, you may find that you have extra time. On those days, you will want to take every survey you have, including those with little to no reward. That will show the survey panel that you are serious about them and hopefully will lead to more surveys in the future.
Finally, keep track of your earnings with each of the survey panels you join, and use this information to help decide which panels work best for you. You may want to try out some of the additional survey panels that we list at GetPaidSurveys, and of course, be sure to check out our recommended panel for today.
Today’s Recommended Survey Panel: Valued OpinionsThe Valued Opinions panel offers infrequent but high-paying surveys, with a cash-out minimum of $20.
Valued Opinions is open to residents of the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia who are at least 16 years old. Like every other panel we recommend, Valued Opinions is free to join, maintains high privacy standards, and will never spam your email address.
Get Started with Valued Opinions
- Join & Log InIf you are not already a member of Valued Opinions, you can join by going to the Valued Opinions Registration Page and filling out the registration form. When registering, remember to use your dedicated email address for surveys, as mentioned in our bonus tip on Day 1.
Once you are a member, go to the Valued Opinions sign In page and log in. Be sure to bookmark the sign in page or add it to your favorites so you can easily access it in the future.
When you log in, you’ll see your “Dashboard” page. This page is the main hub of the Valued Opinions web site and everything is neatly organized so you can easily find what you’re looking for.
On your Dashboard, you can check how close you are to the $20 cash out, check what surveys are currently available for you, see the status of your profile, and get help with the website if needed. You can also participate in the Quick Poll at the bottom and comment on it if you so desire.
- Add Valued Opinions to your whitelistValued Opinions will notify you of new surveys via email. To be sure you don’t miss out on these surveys, add the email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your whitelist in your email.
- Complete Your Profile SurveysAs we discussed on Day 1, profile surveys are very important. You’ll want to fill them out immediately to get the best results and the most surveys.To access your profile surveys, go to your Dashboard page. In the “Personal profile” section in the upper right, click the “Update and learn more” link. This will take you to your “Personal profile” page, where you can take part in various profile surveys that will help Valued Opinions find surveys that match your demographics and interests.
To take or update a profile survey, simply click on the profile links under the “Personal profile” section.
Note:: When taking your profiles, the first two profile surveys (“Profile” and “More About Me”) will save your information so you won’t have to re-enter it when you update your profile later. The other five profiles will appear in a separate window or tab, and you will have to re-enter all your information when you update those profiles.
After you have completed all of the profile surveys, it is time to relax and wait for Valued Opinions to find some surveys for you!
- Check for SurveysValued Opinions sends notifications via email to let you know when surveys are available for you to take. The email will list the survey topic, reward for qualification and completion, survey length, and availability. To take the survey, click the “Start your survey” link in the email. You can take the survey at your convenience, but be warned that surveys fill up quickly, so it’s best to take them as soon as possible.
Not all surveys will have email notifications sent, so you can also access your current surveys by logging into the Valued Opinions website and checking your “Dashboard” page.
- Take SurveysTo take a survey, either click on the “Start a survey” link in the email notification you received from Valued Opinions, or log in to Valued Opinions’ website and click on a survey link. Surveys will be listed by name and reward, so it is easy to identify which survey you want to take. Simply click the survey link to take the survey.If you do not qualify for a survey, you may be taken to a page which will allow you to try another survey.If you qualify for a survey and complete it, you will usually be taken to a page that asks you to evaluate and rate the survey. Simply complete the evaluation to finish the survey.
- Check Your Survey HistoryYou’re likely to be mostly concerned with your reward history. Check this by clicking the “Rewards Statement” link on the dashboard page. At the top of the “Rewards Statement” page is a bar showing how close you are to being able to cash out for $20. Next is the “All Transactions” section, which lists all of your surveys that have been credited, along with the date, survey name, amount rewarded and survey number. This section also lists the reward redemptions you have made and your rewards balance.
Tip:: You can sort by month by using the dropdown menu on the top right if you want to view transactions for a specific month.
The “Pending Credits” section below “All transactions” lists the surveys for which you have not yet been credited. You will receive your credit when these surveys close.
Note:: If a survey does not show up on the Rewards Statement page, you can check its status by clicking the “Participation history” link at the top of the page. This page lists all your surveys, including those you did not complete, so it is easy to find the status for your survey.
- Claim RewardsTo claim rewards, click the “Claim rewards” link at the top of the page.
Note:: Remember that you need at least $20 in your current rewards account to be able to cash out.
On the “Claim Rewards” page, you first choose your reward. You can pick from several offered rewards including Amazon.com and Macy’s gift cards, and a VISA prepaid debit card, among others. Once you’ve chosen a reward, you will be asked to confirm your details and choice to finalize the order.
Note:: If you selected an electronic gift card, you should receive a gift card code nearly immediately in your email inbox after confirming your selection. If you selected a physical gift card, you should receive it within 28 days.
ConclusionNow that you’ve learned more about Valued Opinions, be sure to participate!
Hopefully you enjoyed today’s lesson. Be sure to check back tomorrow for our final lesson. If you’d rather read ahead, you can look at it now by clicking here.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *